Intermediate Care Operative (ICO)
The Intermediate Care Operative (ICO) post is designed to provide a comprehensive and dedicated Patient Transport/Intermediate Care Service within the National Ambulance Service.
Some of the Clinical/Patient Care Responsibilities include:
- Safe transportation of non-emergency patients to and from Out Patient Departments, Clinics, Day Hospital and any other location as required from time to time.
- Deliver care to patients in an emergency situation while awaiting the arrival of or in support of Paramedics or above up to their level of competence .i.e. Emergency Medical Technician.
- Provide safe and secure transportation of specialist teams including multiple incubator situations using specialised moving and handling equipment.
- Provide the logistical, support and transport needs of retrieval and transport medicine teams.
Eligibility Criteria for the Grade:
- Current registration on the Emergency Medical Technician Register held by the Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC)
- Possess the National Qualification in Emergency Medical Technology and the PHECC EMT Practitioner’s Licence
- Hold of a current, full, unendorsed Class C1 driving licence – (Note Irish 78 Restriction is not acceptable)
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability, including a high standard of suitability, for the proper discharge of the duties of the office
To see the National Ambulance Service Recruitment Information Handbook please click here.
See our 'Staff View' videos here