The NAS operates from over 100 locations throughout Ireland.
It is important to note that the NAS operates on a national and area basis as opposed to a local basis. Resources are dynamically deployed which means resources are deployed to areas to provide cover or to respond to incidents as they arise.
- Our services are delivered by a staff number in excess of 1,600. In addition services in Dublin are supplemented by Dublin Fire Brigade staff who rotate.
- Our Intermediate Care Service, which predominantly focuses on inter-facility transfer of patients, is staffed by a crew of Emergency Medical Technicians.
- Our Pre-hospital Emergency Care services are staffed by Paramedic and Advanced Paramedic staff.
- The National Emergency Operations Centre is staffed by Emergency Call Takers, Emergency Medical Dispatchers, Control Supervisors and Control Managers.
- Our Medical Oversight is provided by a Medical Director, Deputy Medical Director and three Area Medical Advisors.
- The National Ambulance Service College delivers the required training to all staff through our Education and Competency Assurance managers both within the college and across the service.
- NAS business support roles includes;
- Estate, Fleet and Equipment,
- Human Resources,
- Business Management
- and Programme Management functions.
Our Estate, Fleet and Equipment
The NAS supply services from 102 locations throughout Ireland. We operate a wide range of fleet including Emergency Ambulances, Intermediate Care Vehicles, Rapid Response Vehicles and a range of specialised support vehicles. Over the last number of years we have invested significantly in the purchase of new vehicles and a fleet maintenance programme.